One thing’s for sure—a deep side-part adds instant sophistication to any hairstyle. Not only is it the most flattering ‘do for any face shape but it’s the runway and catwalk trend that’s taking the mane world by storm. However for many, creating the perfect part can be quite tricky. I gave it a go last week and the results were kinda’ awks (combover, much?). So after hunting down some expert tips, I’ve compiled an easy peasy tutorial that will have you achieving this voluminous extreme part in no time at all. If I can do it – so can you!
1. One hair is washed, run a leave-in conditioner such as Paul Mitchell The Conditioner through your locks.
2. Apply a coin-sized amount of Biosilk Smoothing Balm to towel-dried hair from the roots to tips to tame frizz. If your hair is fine, spray on a volumizing mist to the scalp like Matrix Total Results Amplify Volume Wonder Boost Root Lifer to add structure and body.
3. Using a fine toothed comb, create a dramatic side part all the way to the top of your head, parting the hair closer to your ear and using the high point of your eyebrow as a guide of where the part line should start. Comb straight down on either side.
4. Add some “oomph” to your locks by creating a few loose waves and volume throughout the rest of your tresses. Use this tutorial as a guide.
5. Complete your look with a spritz of lifting hairspray, particularly around the part, in order to ensure it stays put.
6. Add some shine serum for a glossy finishing touch. To evenly distribute the product, put a teensy amount of serum in your palm, then run your hairbrush bristles through it and run the brush through hair, steering clear of the roots to avoid greasy looking tresses.Kapish!
❤ Kristina xo
Ps. In a beauty fix and need some advice? Or maybe you just want to chat all things beauty? Drop me a line! email@example.com.
Or, if you’re in the mood for some eye candy, come and see what I’ve been Pinning over at www.pinterest.com/freshdiscover. Better yet – join us on Facebook for more beauty fun www.facebook.com/freshfragrances. And for plain old fun, come and follow us on Instagram – @freshdiscoverbeauty – & Twitter @fresh_fragrances