Let’s face it — everyone craves youthful, glowing skin, but in reality, the hands of time don’t like to play nice (read: deep wrinkles, sagging lids, hyperpigmentation). Enter peptides and we have ourselves a quick wrinkle fix!
Here’s a little science lesson for you, peptides are the building blocks of proteins. In the skin, a tough protein known as collagen provides support and structure to the skin’s cells and when we age, collagen begins to break down. But when we apply peptides to the skin, it helps to reverse the effects of aging by signaling the skin to create and repair collagen. Why do you think Cate Blanchett hasn’t aged in 10 years? Duhhh, she is the brand ambassador for SK-II, which houses a variety of products containing this little wrinkle kryptonite (and good news – Fresh stocks the majority of their stellar range!).
So in summary, peptides are like a kick in the pants for your skins’ metabolism rate and encourages regrowth of healthy, youthful cells at a rapid pace. Even younger folk can use products containing this powerhouse ingredient, as it’s great to use as a preventative measure in early days.
These age-fighting bad boys are so popular nowadays that you can even find them in makeup products. Yes, you heard correctly… makeup products!
If you’re still not sold, why not try it out for yourself? Below are 5 of my all-time peptide product faves that I know you’ll love. Shop away and welcome your renewed skin with open arms!
1. Biotherm Biofirm Lift Firming Anti-Wrinkle Filling Cream for Dry Skin, $92 – A luxurious cream that eliminates the appearance of wrinkles through bio-filling technology and expanding bio-peptides. Feels velvety smooth on the skin.
2. Rodial Glamtox Eye SPF 15, $155 – An effective revitalising eye treatment that helps to minimise the appearance of dark circles, sagging and puffiness thanks to peptides and wheat protein ingredients which visibly firms and lifts the eye area.
3. Ultima Cellular Re-New Face Cream, $113 – A high-performance regenerating cream enriched with a blend of biomimetic peptides that help to re-launch the skin’s own renewal process and reveal a softer, smoother and brighter visage.
4. Perricone MD Hypoallergenic Peptide Complex, $138 – A mild yet potent anti-aging treatment With a dermatological-grade, rapid-functioning formula that aids and corrects the skin’s flexibility, tone and texture.
5. Clinician’s Complex Peptide Serum, $91 – A high-performance anti-aging serum developed with a new groundbreaking double peptide complex ingredient scientifically proven to lessen appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
❤ Kristina xo
Ps. In a beauty fix and need some advice? Or maybe you just want to chat about all things pretty? Drop me a line! firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or, if you’re in the mood for some eye candy, come and see what I’ve been Pinning over at www.pinterest.com/freshdiscover. Better yet – join me on Facebook for more beauty fun www.facebook.com/freshfragrances. And for a plain old good time, come and follow us on Instagram – @freshdiscoverbeauty – & Twitter @fresh_fragrances.