Okay fabulous folk, Autumn is well and truly here and if the recent L’Oreal Melbourne Fashion Week runway looks or international catwalks are anything to go by, creamy velvet-like skin and a strong berry lip will be this season’s hottest beauty trend.
I got the opportunity to go backstage with Rae Morris last week and learnt a trick or two about how to create a flawless makeup base as well as perfect luscious lushes, beautifully groomed brows and a pristine pout. Here are some of the tips I picked up along the way, which will have you looking like Miranda Kerr in no time at all. Fact.
2. Apply a water-based foundation that will give you a satin-matte complexion such as Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV Foundation. Using a foundation brush, apply the product to the sides of the nose and spread the formula outwards towards the hairline in gentle stippling motions until fully blended. Repeat these steps for remained of your face.
3. Conceal any blemishes or spots with a concealer in the exact same colour as your foundation for seamless coverage.
4. Add some radiance to your visage by dabbing RevitaLash Spotlight Highlighting Pencil under your brow bone and onto the top of your cheekbones, blending fully into the skin.
5. Create a luminous matte effect by dusting Laura Mercier Mineral Illuminating Powder across your T-zone (forehead, nose and chin). This will also help to set the foundation so it lasts longer.
6. Place your mascara wand at the base of your lashes, ensuring the bristles are in between the hairs, and wiggle the brush from side-to-side as you pull it out towards the tips. Repeat several times to coat every single hair.
7. Fill in your lips with NARS Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in Club Mix. You’ll be left with luxurious shine and a gorgeously defined pout.
8. For bold, Miranda-esque brows, shade in any sparse areas with RMK Powder Eyebrow shadow. Or draw them in using a brow pencil in the exact same colour as your arches in light upwards strokes.
And there you have it! You’re now totally on top of your beauty game for the season ahead.
❤ Kristina xo
Ps. In a beauty fix and need some advice? Or maybe you just want to chat about all things pretty? Drop me a email@example.com. Or, if you’re in the mood for some eye candy, come and see what I’ve been Pinning over atwww.pinterest.com/freshdiscover. Better yet – join me on Facebook for more beauty fun www.facebook.com/freshfragrances. And for a plain old good time, come and follow us on Instagram – @freshdiscoverbeauty – & Twitter@fresh_fragrances.