Cara Delevingne is hands down my biggest girl crush at the moment. From all the wild and wacky poses she pulls to the hilarious slogan t-shirts she rocks and those perfectly groomed arches — it’s fair to say that this British supe du jour is a beauty to behold!
And considering this gal has well and truly exploded onto the fashion and beauty landscape, leaving a trail of chaos and eyebrow envy in her wake, I think it’s only fair that I bring all you Cara lovers out there ye olde’ makeup tutorial which features one of my favourite looks from the young supermodel.
GET THE LOOK
1. Prep the skin with a hydrating moisturiser and let it really sink into your visage before you start to apply your makeup, so as to smooth out your base.
2. To achieve Cara’s matte golden glow, smooth on a coin-sized amount of Calvin Klein Runway Radiance Illuminating Cream. The light-diffusing, long wear formula will act as a primer by locking your makeup into place and will also provide just the right amount of coverage.
3. Add a layer of Youngblood Liquid Mineral Foundation over the top of your illuminating cream. The glow-getting, moisturising formula will make your features come to life while the sheer finish will accentuate your best bits. Apply with a foundation brush to avoid any heaviness. If you’re using a stippling brush, dab the brush into the foundation and tap it all over your face a circular motion for even application. You might want to also dab lightly around your nose and under your eyes with a sponge afterwards to conceal every corner and crevice.
4. Apply a correcting concealer to any blemishes or dark circles by dabbing the product into your skin (never swipe it across!).
5. Add the finishing touches to your complexion with a swipe of translucent finishing powder to set your handiwork into place and also create a matte finish.
6. For a next-level glow, add a dash of GloMinerals GloHighlighter along your cheekbones or right above them if you want to sculpt out your cheeks. Just blend well so you don’t look like you have a weirdly shiny line across your face. You can also add some down the center of your nose to visually slim it slightly, on your browbone, in the inner corners of your eyes to make your peepers look bigger and right in the dip of your cupid’s bow to accentuate your lips.
7. Achieve a warm glow by brushing Laura Mercier Mineral Powder Bronzer along the jawline from the ears to the corners of the lips. Make sure to blend with soft brush strokes upwards and inwards. You can also use the bronzer to create a wash of warmth over your eyelids before you apply your liquid liner. This offers subtle definition as opposed to the punch you get from shadow.
8. Line your upper lash line with a black liquid liner, such as By Terry Ligne Blackstar Intense. Layer it, and then create a dramatic flick outwards (for a more detailed guide on how to do this, click here). Then, lightly line the lower inner rim of the eye with black kohl.
9. Finish with several lashings of Bobbi Brown Intensifying Long Wear Mascara on the upper and lower lashes. Start at the roots and use a zigzag motion all the way toward the ends, this way you’ll fully cover the lashes while keeping them separated.
10. Now time for the best bit – recreating Cara’s bold brows! Using Calvin Klein Duo Brow Palette, lightly coat the brush bristles in the shadow that perfectly matches the colour of your hair. Then, use a lighter touch to ensure the pigment coats your hairs, not your skin, and always make sure you’re brushing in the direction of the hair’s growth. Continue to coat your brows until you create your perfect bold shape. You can also use the tweezers in the set to pluck away any strays.
11. Complete Cara’s iconic look with several strokes of bright, punchy matte lipstick. Dolce & Gabbana Classic Cream Lipstick in Provocative is almost spot on to the shade in the image above. The trick is to apply some foundation on your kissers before you swipe on your lippie so the colour shows up bold and doesn’t rub off easily.
Now all you need to do is strike a crazy Cara-like pose and you’re done!
Just in case you didn’t get enough of Cara…
❤ Kristina xo
Ps. In a beauty fix and need some advice? Or maybe you just want to chat about all things pretty? Drop me a line: email@example.com. Or, if you’re in the mood for some eye candy, come and see what I’ve been Pinning over at www.pinterest.com/freshdiscover. Better yet – join me on Facebook for more beauty fun www.facebook.com/freshfragrances. And for a plain old good time, come and follow us on Instagram – @freshdiscoverbeauty – & Twitter@fresh_fragrances.